NEXSW Tour 2023: Burlington to Ausable Chasm

Tour recap: June 14, 2023

It's now mid-November and I'm only just getting back into recapping our summer tour. Thankfully all my photos are time- and location-stamped, so I don't have to rely so much on my rusty memory!

On Wednesday, June 14, we had a one-hour lunch-time gig at the City Hall Park in Burlington VT, organized by Burlington City Arts (BCA).



We had played in this concert series before, back in 2018, and were excited to play there again. Unlike most places we play, we didn't have to run our own sound; we just had to show up with our instruments, and BCA staff took care of the rest. 

So I set up my piano and plugged it in, and it wouldn't turn on. At first I thought there must be something wrong with the outlet I had plugged into, but to my dismay I realized that was not the case. The outlet was fine. It was either my power cord (hopefully) or the piano itself. Regardless, I was unable to play my piano, period. 

The BCA staff kindly offered the use of their spinnet piano, which I accepted, and they wheeled that out for me. It's fun playing on a real acoustic piano!


In addition to the piano switcheroo, there were some other tech issues going on with the sound, and we ended up starting a half hour late because of it. I try not to let stuff like that rattle me, but it does! These things happen sometimes, and you just have to roll with it. We appreciated the hard work of the BCA staff to get everything up and running for us.

After the concert, we had lunch at a nearby restaurant, then hit a shopping center with a music store and an electronics store, trying to find a replacement power cord for my piano. Neither store had the very specific type needed, and we didn't have time to drive all over tarnation trying to find the right one. 

By the time we left the shopping center, a powerful storm was rolling in. We took a car ferry across Lake Champlain in the pouring rain. 


Our destination was the Ausable Chasm Campground in New York, where we had booked a camping cabin for three nights. Thank God I had been able to upgrade from a tent site, or we would have gotten soaked! Later, when the rain simmered down to a drizzle, I got my first look at the chasm. The picture doesn't really do it justice.


The camping cabin was cute and cozy.



*****
Would you like to join my mailing list? Click here!


Comments

Popular Posts